Thursday, February 4, 2010

A homecoming

I love it when my husband comes home from being out of town.  The only issue I have is that I have to scramble to get the house clean before he gets here...well, okay, not clean but at least looking better than it did.  He's used to a messy house but when he's gone it's gone as well.  So in the couple of hours before he gets home you can usually find me scrambling to pick up the kids dirty socks, washing dirty dishes that don't go in the dishwasher, folding who knows how many loads of laundry, making the bed, wiping down the bathroom, and on, and on, and on.  Consequently, by the time he actually gets home I'm so tired from running around that I don't have the energy to greet him properly.

And at the end of the night, he's asleep on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment