Sunday, February 7, 2010

Unfinished gifts

Well, the baby shower is over but my work is not.  Still have a baby hat to crochet and maybe another bib.  Luckily the pressure has lessened.  Now I just have to remember to actually do them.  This is another one of my strong points - finishing part of a gift but not the rest.  I still have a placemat to make for my niece that I started for Xmas of 2008!   Wow!  Of course I still have ornaments that I started in 2006 that never got finished.  8)

So is the pressure on myself really any less than it was before?  I am thinking not.  I still put a lot of pressure on myself to get these things done and then feel guilty if I don't get them finished. Each time I swear that it will be different and each time ends up the same. And then what happens?  I feel even more guilty and put the project away so I don't have be reminded of the fact that it didn't get done.  No wonder I love being "alone" so much.  I'm never really alone.  Guilt seems to be my constant companion.  Hmmmm.  I'll have to do something about that because I really do enjoy peaceful aloneness.

No comments:

Post a Comment