Thursday, February 11, 2010

Where does the time go?

I would swear that when I went to bed last night it was Monday, now here it is Thursday and I haven't posted  in a couple of days.  My hubby showed me an email that he got yesterday about ADHD and how you know you have it.  It was funny, but sort of frightening as it described me to a "T."   I've gotten to the point where I was so tired of being busy but not getting anything done that now I just sit and do what I want and not get anything done.  Kind of crazy thinking, but then when you have ADHD is it really "crazy?"  It's just the way my mind works.  I do, on occasion, get up and try to accomplish something.  Here's how it goes:

Doing laundry:  I will collect the dirty clothes from my room and put them in the washing machine.  Then I go to collect laundry from the kids' rooms (because I didn't tell them I was doing laundry so they had no opportunity to get it out for me which they do if I ask) and then notice all the dirty dishes in their rooms.  I take the dirty dishes into the kitchen where I notice that the dishwasher needs to be run so I put the dirty dishes into the dishwasher and reach for the soap.  Oh my.  We are almost out of soap so I get a grocery list started which reminds me that I should gather coupons and try to make a menu for the upcoming week.  I spend some time looking up and printing coupons then on to looking up recipes for dinners that the kids might like that are not the "same old thing."  Before I know it my alarm goes off on my phone alerting me it's time for lunch.  Where did the morning go?  So, I go make my lunch and sit down at my desk to eat and play some games and read blogs and chat with friends.  The one hour that I had intended on taking to eat has turned into almost 2 hours!  So, taking my dirty dishes into the kitchen I, again, notice that the dishwasher needs to be run.  I put what's left of the soap in and start it up.  Counters are dirty so I wipe them down and sterilize the sponge in the microwave where it will be left until the next time someone uses the microwave where they will discover the sponge that we have been looking for all evening.  Then my next phone reminder goes off telling me it is almost time to pick up the kids at school.  Don't get to involved in anything at this point or I will be late getting out the door.  By the time I get home I have to cook dinner.  After dinner I am so exhausted that I can't even move off the couch let alone think about cleaning the kitchen or working.

That is my day when I attempt to get something done.  Very tiring and very frustrating when I know I've been busy but have nothing to show for it.  So, now I just don't do anything so everyone knows why I have gotten nothing done.  And anyone who thinks that doing nothing is easy, forget it.  That is just as exhausting as being run around busy.  I still sit on the couch after dinner and have no energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment